high performance program
Basketball Tasmania offers the High-Performance scholarship program for junior athletes in Tasmania. The program selects boys and girls to develop with an intensive training environment where players are given every opportunity to progress towards National Representation.
Athletes must be endorsed by Basketball Australia as potential international athletes and must stay on this list to maintain their scholarship. Scholarships are reviewed each year after the Nationals.
Selected athletes will complete the following during their scholarship
· Attend individual sessions in their region within Tasmania.
· Attend 2 x High-Performance Camps.
· Compete as a team in the Basketball Tasmania State-Wide League competition.
· Attend the SDP sessions each week in their region within Tasmania.
· Attend Advanced Academy sessions in their region within Tasmania.
· Shooting Program (own time) set by Nic Martin.
· Physical / Muscular-skeletal screening by Physio Tas Devonport and Launceston.
· Strength and Conditioning Program - support and facilitate with an outside provider to deliver in each region.
We run our annual High-Performance Camp on the March Long-Weekend. This camp includes development opportunities for players, coaches, and officials in what is the ultimate development weekend on the Basketball Tasmania Calendar. See what the camp is like by watching the video below: